09/05/2017 0 Comments
Not Just for Seeing: Glasses Are a Major Fashion Statement
Some world changing icons who wore glasses:
- Steve Jobs
- Martin Luther King
- John Lennon
- Malcolm X
In addition to being well known, these people have one other trait in common: they all had signature eyeglasses. When you imagine these people without their spectacles, it feels as if an essential element of their personality goes missing. Glasses became part of their persona.
Glasses once had a certain stigma attached to them, but in recent years, one group leading the fashion eyeglass movement is the ever changing, trend-setting A-list Hollywood celebrities. Celebrities are in the public eye daily and many of them are wearing designer eyeglasses as they walk down the red carpet.
Geek Becomes Chic: Celebrities Sporting Specs
With so many celebrities sporting designer eyewear, it’s hard to identify who wears glasses just for looks and who needs them for vision correction. Reportedly comedian Drew Carey continues to wear his trademark spectacles, even though he has had LASIK surgery.
In recent years, various celebrities have left their mark on the pop culture world with eyeglasses.
- Zooey Deschanel. The New Girl actress often wears trendy hipster glasses on her sitcom.
- Justin Timberlake. The former 'N Sync band member and current prince of pop frequently dons vintage-inspired frames.
- Tina Fey. Both as Liz Lemon on 30 Rock and during her much talked-about Sarah Palin impersonation on Saturday Night Live, Tina Fey wore glasses to create characters with pop culture staying power.
Online pop culture news sites frequently publish picture lists of numerous actors looking smarter and more attractive in glasses. The rising popularity of eyeglasses among celebrities is unmistakable.
European Fashion House
The popularity of celebrities in glasses coincides with an abundance of fashion brands designing their own fashion frames. These glasses don’t only make you better at looking – they help you be better looking, too.
To make a statement with your next pair of eyeglasses, consider frames made by one of these top brands:
- Burberry. British fashion staple Burberry makes both men’s and women’s eyewear frames. Many even feature Burberry’s signature checked-patterns on the sides.
- Giorgio Armani. This Italian fashion brand makes nearly everything – from tuxes to cosmetics, jeans to perfumes. No wonder the Armani fashion house brand extends to eyewear.
- Dior. This French fashion powerhouse designs and retails everything from leather goods to fragrance. There is no mistaking Dior eyewear with its quality and trend-setting designs.
- Fendi. An Italian luxury fashion house whose specialties include leather goods, shoes, fragrances, eyewear, timepieces and accessories. A major player in the fashion eyewear world, Fendi designs are as timeless as they are dynamic.
Even kids have options for fashionable eyewear. Disney even makes frames inspired by kids’ favourite animated films. The Cars frames feature fiery flames on each side; the pink and black Minnie Mouse frames have her signature printed on the ear pieces. Truly fashion-forward kids can select from the Ray-Ban Jr. line.
Whether you wear glasses to exude a trendy image, to declare your knowledge of fashion history with a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators or simply to correct your vision, with the fashion world's current approval of eyewear, the possibilities are endless.
Swiss painter Paul Klee once said, "One eye sees, the other feels." Fortunately, modern fashion eyewear is pleasing both to look at and through, and can help you attain the look you desire.
Contact the professionals at Optometrists’ Clinic to find out how we can help you make your fashion statement today!