06/07/2021 0 Comments
5 Ways to Avoid Foggy Glasses When Wearing a Mask
Wearing a face mask can help prevent the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. However, they present certain challenges for people who wear eyeglasses. This is because when you wear a mask, your breath escapes through the top and collects behind your glasses. Condensation occurs when the warm air of your breath hits the cool surface of your lenses, causing your lenses to fog up.
If you wear glasses, you’ve likely experienced this phenomenon. Fortunately, there are things that can help prevent your lenses from fogging. Here’s what you should do:
- Try cleaning them. Wash your glasses with bar soap and water, shake them dry, and then wipe them with a clean, soft cloth. The soap will leave a thin film on your lenses that should prevent them from fogging up.
- Seal the mask. It’s important to wear a mask that fits your face properly. This is because loose-fitting masks leak a significant amount of air behind your glasses when you breathe. Your mask should fit snugly around the bridge of your nose to create a seal that prevents air from escaping. Look for ones with a metal strip or other mouldable piece around the nose.
- Adjust your glasses. Slide your glasses down your nose further away from your face so that air can escape without getting trapped behind your lenses. This isn’t a long-term solution, but it can work in a pinch.
- Use anti-fog products. There are many anti-fog sprays, waxes and gels on the market that you can apply to your glasses. Some work better than others. The experts at the Optometrists’ Clinic Inc. have tested these products and know which ones work the best. Visit their clinic to purchase effective anti-fog lens wipes.
- Purchase anti-fog lenses. Many optometrists offer specialty lenses with an anti-fog coating. This innovative technology helps keep your vision clear in the winter, on rainy days, while cooking, working out and when wearing a face mask.
- Wear contact lenses. If all else fails, you can always try wearing contact lenses instead of glasses.
Specialty Lenses in the Edmonton Area
The professional eye doctors, optometrists and opticians at Optometrists’ Clinic Inc. can help you find solutions to your vision concerns. Our offices are equipped with innovative equipment to provide you with the best and most up-to-date care. We offer a range of eyeglasses, including anti-fog lenses. If you’d like help finding the perfect pair of glasses, contact us today to set up an appointment.