Take Your Ocular Vitamins: Fight Macular Degeneration and Visit Your Edmonton Optometrist Regularly
Growing up, we all heard how important it was to take our vitamins. As we age, it remains an important part of staying healthy and supporting strong functioning throughout our body. Your eyes, in particular, can benefit from a healthy, balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately, getting the daily recommended dose of so many different vitamins and minerals can be very challenging. That is why ocular vitamins are so vital to maintaining good eye health. Not sure what role ocular vitamins can play in your optical and overall health? Read on or visit your Edmonton optometrist for an eye exam and to learn more.
What You Need to Know About Ocular Vitamins
Your vision starts to decline and deteriorate as you age. Here are some of the reasons and ways that ocular vitamins can help you fend off this degeneration and continue to see clearly:
- What is in an ocular vitamin? – Ocular vitamins contain lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and copper to support your vision.
- Why should I take an ocular vitamin? – As you get older, you are at risk of developing age-related macular degeneration which can lead to a significant decrease in your vision. This specially formulated vitamin can decrease the progression and severity of this deterioration and keep your eyes in good health, longer.
- Can I still take my daily multivitamin? – Yes, your multivitamin will also support your health but will not provide the same optical health benefits as an ocular vitamin supplement.
- Could I just improve my diet instead? – The concentration of vitamins in an ocular vitamin is nearly impossible to receive from your diet alone. While making good, healthy food choices will support your eyes and overall health, it cannot fend off macular degeneration like these specially made vitamins.
- Should I contact my doctor? – Yes, you should inquire with your doctor about how these vitamins fit into your overall prescriptions and health plan. Consult with your physician before starting or stopping any supplement or medication.
Visit your optometrist or local eye doctors to learn more about your eye health and to find out if ocular vitamins are right for you. The team of dedicated professionals at The Optometrists’ Clinic Inc. can provide you with a range of optical tests and treatments. Whether you require specialized sunglasses, contact lenses, or a new prescription for your eyeglasses, our team can point you in the right direction and help you enjoy vision clarity.
Find out more about ocular vitamins by contacting us or visiting one of our convenient locations to book your eye exam.